Saturday, January 28, 2006

Building Smart Networks

The Network Weaving experience of ACEnet is described in a white paper [PDF] by Valdis and June. The paper steps you through the network weaving process, from beginning to vibrant network. The paper was published in the Non-Profit Quarterly in 2005 and was chosen as one of the best articles of the year in NPQ.

In the latest version of the paper, we add a new idea from Jack -- the Introduction Pyramid [PDF]. This explains how one-on-one introductions are a key part of weaving the network and how they follow a scale of involvement and probablity of success.

2 comments:

Spinorb said...

I like the idea of the Introduction Pyramid. However, when I looked at it; I am not sure I got it. It seemed to me like the introducing party was doing a lot of hand holding through 7 steps of introduction.

In practice I might do some of these steps depending on the situation, but I can't imagine doing all of the steps.

Could you add some further explanation to the Introduction Pyramid graphic?

Anonymous said...

wow, that was great post.. thanx for sharing the same...
Mobile Social networking