Saturday, May 20, 2006

Trust in social networks

Maybe it was because of my lens, but I noticed that trust was one of the threads running through the talks and panel in yesterday's KM conference. One of the pieces I introduced in my 10 minutes of fame in the conference was the 4 core elements of trust building in networks and communities:

> Alignment - common beliefs & values
> Expansiveness - introductions to others in the network
> Interbeing - mutual promise making & keeping
> Productivity - making new impacts, innovations together

The role of network weaver is to see where opportunities exist to help people build stronger trust in their connections. Why? Because trust drives innovation.

1 comment:

SteveHabibRose said...

Interesting perspective on being a network weaver that I didn't think of before. I suppose I help foster trust naturally, but this hasn't been a conscious intention of mine. Something to think about...